Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day 03

I was having trouble answering the question as I chose to do the baby talking to the cat instead of the robbery. As I started off with my targeted audience. I want to produce a baby formula advertisement but was not sure how to start with the story. So I have decided to ask my mum what would attract her if she were to choose a baby formula. She said something that would make the baby more intelligent and would make them grow big and strong. So I came up with a story, like the baby was hungry and her mum gave this particular milk formula. Instead of making the baby sleep. It gave her powers to speak to the cat.

After I told Alan about my story, he proposed to me to make the baby communicate to the cat about the milk formula instead since cats drink milk. I was like that’s a good idea. So yah I started writing the story first but then after I discuss it more with my boyfriend if my idea is ok, he said I should just make the baby and the cat have a debate about milk instead and he said that I should focus more on the background colour changing rather than just the facial expression of the character.

So I came home and I was able to come up with this story. I have yet to come up with a title. Enjoy!

Baby Amy was busy watching SpongeBob on TV when Sophia, the cat strolled into the living room. It sat just right beside Baby Amy and looking all bored and drained. Baby Amy eyes was fixed to the screen when she asked,

Baby Amy: “What’s wrong, Sophia?”
Sophia: “Ouh, it’s nothing”
Baby Amy: “Even though my eyes are still fixed on the screen does not mean I can’t see you.” Sophia: “Well, I’m just so thirsty. When is your mummy going to give me my milk?”
Baby Amy turns to Sophia: “I don’t know when she will give me my milk because I’m hungry.”

Mother: “Amy would you like your lunch now?”

After Baby Amy nodded, she turned to Sophia: “How could she ask me that? I could drink the whole bottle right here! Right now!”
Sophia: “Laughs”

Mother comes in with Sophia’s bowl instead.

Baby Amy: “Hey, that’s not fair! She asks me first”
Sophia: “HA-HA! You want some? NOT!”

Baby Amy turned away angrily. Moments later Baby Amy’s milk arrives and she then stick out her tongue at Sophia.

Sophia: “Ahhh. My milk taste so good. I think its way....better than yours”
Baby Amy: “No, I don’t think so, mine is made and yours is just out of the milk carton”
Sophia: “So what! Mine is low fat.”
Baby Amy: “Mine makes me strong!”

She accidently squirted out milk from her bottle and said “Oopss. I’m sorry.”

But it was too late Sophia splashed a paw full of milk onto Amy’s jumper. Then the milk war starts. They squirted milk everywhere and then Baby Amy’s mother came budging in the living room and screamed “WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE!” Baby Amy and Sophia froze in the position that they were in and looked up at Baby Amy’s mother with an innocent face and acted like nothing happened.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I then had to answer a series of questions so these are my answer!

1) Who are you telling the story for (primary audience)?
My target audience would be ages ranging from 7 – 22. Those who love to read Baby Blues comics.

2) What reaction do you want?
Laughter and Empathy.

3) Is the narrative omniscient (all seeing) or restrictive (viewed from a single perspective)? (If the narrative is restrictive, whose viewpoint are you using?)
My narrative will be omniscient.

4) List the important events of the story.
(a) Baby Amy will be busy watching SpongeBob on TV.
(b) Sophia, the cat comes along looking bored and drained.
(c) Conversation starts between Baby Amy and Sophia.
(d) Mother comes in with Sophia’s bowl instead.
(e) Baby Amy accidently squirted out milk from her bottle.
(f) The milk war.
(g) Baby Amy’s mother came budging in the living room.
(h) Baby Amy and Sophia looked up at Baby Amy’s mother with an innocent face and acted like nothing happened.

5) Which aspects of the setting of the story are important (time of day... location... period of history...) and how do you intend to establish these important elements?
I would like the story take place in the living room, around 1pm and it would be a current time, 2009. The baby would be watching TV with her mother when the cat comes along and sat beside her.

6) What traits of the characters in your story are important and how do you intend to establish theses straits?

Baby Amy:
She is 8 months old, she would to get mesmerised by the SpongeBob shows. She is smart and she can communicate with her house pet.

Sophia, the cat:
It is 14 years old. She’s does not like anyone even her owners but she could only have a long chat with Baby Amy.

7) In what order are the important events (step 4 above) covered? Is it a strictly linear sequence of events in time, or does the story contain any flashbacks or other interruptions to the sequence of events?
The steps above are being covered as the story flow. It will be linear and there will be no interruptions.

8) How does the story flow, does the pace change? Does it contain a surprise? Consider your answers to 1 and 2 above when making your response.
For my story, it would start normal and it would surprise the viewers when Baby Amy and Sophia would start a milk fight when in actual fact they are good friends.

9) How will you use sound to help all your responses to 5-8 above?
I would use the footsteps of Amy’s mother approaching her, Noise coming from TV, Amy’s noisy drinking, cat footsteps, cat slurping, splash and milk squirting.

10) Does your story need dialog? (Write it out)

Baby Amy: “What’s wrong, Sophia?”

Sophia: “Ouh, it’s nothing”

Baby Amy: “Even though my eyes are still fixed on the screen does not mean I can’t see you.”

Sophia: “Well, I’m just so thirsty. When is your mummy going to give me my milk?”

Baby Amy turns to Sophia: “I don’t know when she will give me my milk because I’m hungry.”

Baby Amy’s Mother: “Amy would you like your lunch now?”

Baby Amy nodded: “How could she ask me that? I could drink the whole bottle right here! Right now!”

Sophia: “Laughs”

Baby Amy: “Hey, that’s not fair! She asks me first” S

ophia: “HA-HA! You want some? NOT!”

Sophia: “Ahhh. My milk taste so good. I think its way....better than yours”

Baby Amy: “No, I don’t think so, mine is made and yours is just out of the milk carton”

Sophia: “So what! Mine is low fat.”

Baby Amy: “Mine makes me strong!” “Oopss. I’m sorry”

Baby Amy’s mother: “WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats the end! BYE!

2 comments:

  1. 1.)why put Spongebob? can put ar? U got copyright meh
    2.)I dont see any empathy in ur story, how will u show it? I think adorable/cute is more suitable than empathy.
    3.)how will u show it happened around 1 pm? by words in the TV? by lighting?
    4.) Currently, in my own personal opinion, i think the ending is quite abrupt. I think an additional scene is needed. Maybe like after the mother come, the screen fades to another scene where the baby and the cat is cleaning the room and both of them blaming each other while the screen fades out.
    5.) how u going to show the trait ur of characters? I mean the cat being 14 years old and all? I do not think u even need to specify the age. How u going to show the cat hate the owner? facial expression or what?
    6.)I think ur story is too linear, the dialogue seems simple. I think u need to exaggerate ur visual if u rly want to make it comedy. Since i think the whole story is short, u rly need to emphasise on the milk fight part to emphasise more movements and make it more appealing to the audience.

    all of this is just personal opinion dont take it too seriously. Oh and do not mind the internet slang and singlish. I lazy to think.

    Andreas Mas'Oen (0705922c)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank for commenting Andreas even though I was right beside u when u commented, I would consider your questions and I would make some changes to some.

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete